Epson Printer not Printing Black : This is a very common story: you need to print something and the black ink of your printer has decided to take permanent leave. You go directly to Google and look for fixes to solve this problem and experience multiple printer forums without a clear resolution. We’ve received calls about this issue as well, so to help, we’ve compiled a list of things you can do when your printer stops printing in black.
Epson Printer not Printing Black : This is what you have to do
Some Basic Things To Start
- Turn off your printer, unplug from the power source and disconnect USB cables as well. After a few moments, reconnect your printer and plug it back in. Then, turn your printer back on.
- Print a “Quality Diagnostic Report” or a “Print Test Page”.
- You can usually find this option on your printer’s display screen. Or, check your printer’s user guide for step by step instructions.
- Check printer ink levels to double check the ink volume in your cartridges. If you’re using aftermarket cartridges that don’t show ink levels, we’ll have to figure out another way to determine whether or not your ink cartridges are at fault.
Epson Printer not Printing Properly
You can fix problems in Epson Printers using some of the best methods as listed
- Check your printer connection.
- Update your printer driver.
- Check out the printer spooler.
- Clear all print jobs.
- Use another program to print your document.
- Check the status of your printer and much more.
If you are willing to deal with a problem with your Printer device that cannot print properly, then you can choose one to resolve the problem instantly. If the driver is not working properly and your Epson Printer is not printing correctly then you can select method no-2 and deal with the problem in less than a short time.
Check Your Ink Cartridge
- Replace ink cartridges that are low on ink or empty.
- Make sure ink cartridges are snapped into place and are properly installed in their appropriate slot.
- Double check to make sure that you’ve removed the tape over the vent if you installed a new cartridge.
- Check that the cartridge ventilation is clogged. You can fix it by using a pins gently to clean the blockage in the ventilation.
- Try using a different ink cartridge to determine if your printer can recognize the cartridge. If your printer used to work with old cartridges, try installing the old cartridge again and see if your printer produces any output – any gray color can be used.
Epson Printer not Printing Black : We just need to determine if the cartridge or print head is causing the problem. If your printer can print something with an old cartridge, it’s not a printhead. Instead, your new black cartridge may be damaged and needs to be replaced. But if your printer still can’t print with old cartridges, then the next step is –
Check Your PrintHead
- If replacing the ink cartridge doesn’t work, the next thing to check is your print head. Make sure your print head is not clogged. Most printers have an automatic print head cleaning feature, but if you can remove the print head from the printer, you can clean it manually. Here’s an article on how to manually clean epson printer printheads because epson printheads are notoriously clogged. Pay to view articles even though your printer is a different brand.
- If running the automatic printhead cleanup feature once is unsuccessful, run it again a second or third time. There is a limit to how many times you can run the automatic cleaning feature. Not to mention, running the printhead cleaning function automatically consumes a lot of ink!
- Realign the printer. For HP printers, you can find this option on your printer’s LCD display screen: Setup> Tools.