HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Printer Review
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 is probably the most popular printer I have sold in recent years. Fast, efficient, and very well-lasting for use at home or small office. I actually sell hundreds of these printers, and I believe I only have one that comes back.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Review
OfficeJet Pro 8710 is one of the faster home printers, with 22 pages per minute black and 18 pages per minute color. The two-sided documents print up to 12 pages per minute and are always clean and fresh at all times. The printer has a workload rating of up to 25,000 pages per month, which makes it one of the best printers for Headquarters or small business.
Better than the OfficeJet Pro 8710 speed is its efficiency. OfficeJet Pro 8710 HP takes the 952 ink series, which is one of the most efficient inks on the market. The black cartridge 952 XL offers a page result of approximately 2,000 pages, while the color generates approximately 1,600 pages. This generates about 2.2 cents per page for each color. This makes OfficeJet Pro 8710 one of the most efficient inkjet printers on the market, and it is also the only thing to print color at the same price per page like black and white.
As far as print quality goes, this printer is resistant to most Home Office printers. OfficeJet Pro 8710 prints resolutions up to 1200 DPI. It’s high enough for crisp graphics and graphics, with bright bright colors. When using ink cartridges and HP paper with Colorlok technology, you can write and highlight documents and charts without fear of being smudged. However, if a photo is a top priority, you may want to look elsewhere. Because OfficeJet Pro 8710 is not a photo printer, the black ink is not solid enough for nice and fresh photos.
Another great feature about the 8710 is that it qualifies for HP Instant Ink. If you read my review for instant ink, you’ll find this a great way for consistent users to save on their ink costs. Although the 952 series is very efficient, you will still save overall ink costs if you subscribe to instant ink, especially if you choose a frequent package.
As far as additional features, this printer has everything you need. NFC technology, wireless printing from computers and mobile devices, scanning to email and cloud storage; The list goes on and on. This jammed Printer is packed with many useful features, along with some you can use once or twice, and many of you will probably never use it at all.
Like the previous model, OfficeJet Pro 8610, HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 is probably the most widely returned printer on the market. However, this figure is unfair, because it sells far more than any other model. If viewed proportionally, I have seen far fewer of these models returning due to defects than other models. Keep in mind that if you get a broken model, this printer sells a ton of units, so returning it to another model will probably be safe. The opportunity to get two units of defects is very thin.
If you are experiencing technological difficulties, this may not be the printer for you. While the user interface has large buttons and easy-to-follow steps, this printer is loaded with features that might confuse or intimidate less advanced users.
This Printer also has problems becoming too efficient. Cartridges print thousands of pages. While this can save a lot of money in the long run, users who print one or two pages per week will experience dryness. If they dry out, it doesn’t matter how efficient they are, you’re wasting money.
Lastly, this printer is very fast… For single-sided prints. The two-sided prints trim at least half the speed. For someone who often prints a two-sided document, I recommend checking out OfficeJet Pro 8720 or OfficeJet Pro 8740. Both printers use different technologies to speed up two-sided printing while using the same efficient ink cartridges.
That’s really about it for the cons. If this printer is too slow or not efficient enough for you, you should see a color laser printer, or one of the HP PageWide printers if you are using liquid ink.
There’s no way around it; the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 is a great printer. Almost all the complaints I’ve heard about this printer are from people who shouldn’t have bought it in the first place. If you often have cartridges dry out due to not enough printing, or if you have a large office printing over a thousand pages per day, this is not the printer for you.
If you are a teacher, or a student, or a small business, or anyone who prints off a lot of paperwork and charts, this will be a great printer for you. It is priced below many of the competitors’ models while being faster and more efficient. The size is manageable, and it has all the features an every-day user could ever need. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 is a great printer and one that I would highly recommend.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Printing specifications
- Black print resolution: Up to 1200 dpi with pigmented black ink
- Color print resolution: HP enhanced photo quality up to 4800 by 1200 dpi. Optimized on HP Advance Photo papers with 1200 x 1200 input dpi
- Print method: Drop-on-demand thermal inkjet printing
- Device languages: HP PCL 3 GUI, HP PCL 3 Enhanced
- Print speed: In pages per minute (ppm)*Print ModePrint speed*BlackColorDraftUp to 35 ppmUp to 35 ppmISOUp to 22 ppmUp to 18 ppm
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Scanning specifications
- Image editor included
- Integrated OCR software automatically converts scanned text to editable text
- Scan speeds vary according to the complexity of the document
- Twain-compliant interface (Windows only)
- Resolution: 1200 x 1200 dots per inch (dpi) optical
- Color: 24-bit color, 8-bit grayscale (256 levels of gray)
- Maximum scan size from glass (all models): 216 x 356 mm (8.5 x 14.0 inches)
- Maximum scan size from ADF (all models): 216 x 356 mm (8.5 x 14.0 inches)
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Power specifications
- Power supply: Universal power adapter (internal)
- Input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC (± 10%), 50/60 Hz (± 3Hz)
- Output voltage: +32V/+12V at 1095 mA/170 mA
- HP OfficeJet 8702, OfficeJet Pro 8710, 8715, 8717, 8718, and 8719 printersPower Consumption: 35 Watts Maximum, 0.14 Watts (Manual-off), 6.10 Watts (Standby), 1.20 Watts (Sleep)
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8720, 8725, 8728 printersPower Consumption: 35 Watts Maximum, 0.14 Watts (Manual-off), 6.70 Watts (Standby), 1.30 Watts (Sleep)
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8730, 8740, and 8745 printersPower Consumption: 35 Watts Maximum, 0.14 Watts (Manual-off), 7.20 Watts (Standby), 1.30 Watts (Sleep)
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Copying specifications
- Digital image processing
- Up to 99 copies from original
- Digital zoom: from 25% to 400%
- Fit to page, copy preview
- Copy speed in copies per minute (cpm):